Monday, December 6, 2010

Feedback on my session.

Here is some of the feedback I received from the elluminate session I facilitated on 'engaging students online'.


Hi Jade - I was glad to be invited to join in your session, and even though I was a bit late I was really interested to hear the discussion. Being new to online facilitation myself I heard many useful tips, some I already have used (e.g. blank slides for participants to brainstorm in) and others I haven't been brave enough to use just yet (break out rooms).I liked that you gave people plenty of time to answer if you asked a question - I think people often hang back because they're waiting to see if someone else is going to answer, so its good to give a few more seconds to let someone begin. I thought you sounded confident, and the 'ums' will disappear as you get more used to it - I do that too, but am trying hard to let a pause be a pause, rather than feeling I need to fill it up! cheers, Suzanne

I attended an online elluminate session that Jade organised and facilitated. I found the session to be not only informative, but interesting! I have had experience with using elluminate via several Otago Polytechnic online postgraduate courses, so wasn't a novice in the area of logging on, speaking to the group and writing on the whiteboard, however learnt about 'breakout sessions' and the like. After agreeing to be involved as a participant from the initial session invitation (which was emailed from Jade with ample amount of time for me to be able to organise my busy schedule around the session), I found it simple to locate Jade's session from the elluminate link that she provided. I found Jade to be confident with addressing the group and able to handle issues surrounding eluminate that arose, in a timely fashion. Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade

    Ok...so here is where we are...

    You have written a reflection on how the session went...you've got your feedback from participants...what I feel you need is one final wrap-up...

    What I feel I need to know is where to from here...a final conclusion about what you've learned and how you will apply it in the future.

    Hope this feedback helps, cheers Sarah

    ReplyDelete