Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Counting down to mini conference

Tomorrow is D Day for my mini conference.... Will it be a success? Will anyone turn up? Will 100 people turn up? Have I set it up correctly? Will there be technical difficulties?? Who knows??

I have arranged my presenter which is great. She appears very relaxed and understands what I am doing and more importantly what her role is. Unfortunately the first presenter I asked, although she was keen, we were unable to find a day that suited us both.. Nevermind.

So I have created the elluminate session. Hopefully correctly... I am a bit nervous about this now, especially in regards to who I have made staff members??? I have emailed the link onto google groups and onto our mini conference platform. I have also sent it to my students who I thought might be able to provide moral support and bring a student perspective at what motivates them online.

I have had to email the facilitators of another session which finishes at 12pm, as my session starts at 12pm... Just to let them know so hopefully they can keep to time.

Unfortunately I have been unable to attend other sessions. I have just got back from Sydney on Monday and worked for 16 hours at the hospital yesterday... Shattered. It has been a real juggle with working two jobs, studying, being a mum, buying and selling a house, and just to top it off my partner is having surgery on monday.... So I am a little unsure that I am tracking along as others in the class are. I have an huntch that I am probably down the line of the online facilitating spectrum calibre, however I have learnt a load...

I guess Ihave learnt too, that it doesn'thave to be a huge undertaking however. That facilitating well can make those subtle and gentle differences that possibly nobody notices. I can compare it to the sporting arena. Like when the defence do all the work, but go unnoticed as they are not the ones scoring the points... Which is great.

Well I might write again tomorrow morning if there is another update, otherwise I will post my reflection on how the event went.... Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade, I am sure everything will turn out just fine. Do not expect large numbers ...we have been averaging between 6 - 8 people...and that includes you, me and the presenter. However, I have sent this out to my networks including OP and the networked learning email group.

    good luck, Sarah

    ReplyDelete